Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Just a "WOW" day

Have you ever had one of those days that the plans are so well laid, and then oops...they are change?  Well, that is how my day is going today.  But again, it is just another day in my journey of life.  We have very good friends, whos lives are not going in a path that seems fair.  So with Christmas almost here, we decide to take a journey to attempt to find a new mattress and box spring for a present for them for Christmas.  Now this is all fine and good, but for me to leave and ready out the door at 8 am that is another story.  I make is through the "wake me up to early", and off we go.  The house we went to, where there were mattress sets for sale,  is one of the oldest victorians in Laconia, NH.  It has 26 rooms and all the rooms are filled with stuff. The owner is this wonderful, happy man who is indeed surrounded by his stuff.  It was amazing as he wanted to show us all of his "stuff".  Tiffany glass, brass statues, pianos, antiques of incredible value.  The gentleman opened his home to share his worlding finds with us, but also opened himselves with his pleasure of giving us the home tour.  OK, so you get the picture.....
So now we get back home and my desire is to write in my blog today, ummmmmmm can't get access to my blog......I have spent over an hour "changing" the password-resetting the password and then - it just works.
But "CHANGE" is more directly the word for today.  We change our jobs, we change our clothes, we change our relationships...but can one actually change themselves.  I have always felt that we are given a straight line from the time we are born...we will follow this line.....until the time we die.  Now we also have the right to falter off this line and go extreme to either side of the ying yang/good or bad.  But the bottom line is we are all born to die.  Now getting back to my word CHANGE.....do we ever have the right to change ourselves, or are we destined to the line of life that we are handed?   We all know that we are told we can never change someone else, because that is just who they are...but again....can we change ourselves.  Is the person, that I was born the person, that I am chosen to remain.  Is it my thoughts and feelings that make me the person I am or is it how I use those thoughts and  feelings.  I finally understand that if I had trusted my thoughts and feelings 50 years ago, that my life would have been very different, but did this path of life, that I choice, actually change me as the person I was born to be.  If you believe that your soul and energy never dies, then you might believe as I do, that the knowledge that came with the past life also comes to the next life.  Not all of it, but lots of cool knowledge.  Like how do I just automatically do something, that I have never done?  How does the child of four years of age play mozart?
I am getting too far ahead and way off my thoughts for sitting here today.  The CHANGE was also going to changing my thoughts of what Christmas is suppose to be.  Normally I run around crazy, shopping, cooking, cleaning  and just rushing and do not enjoy a moment that was being given to me.  Well, this year is certainly a change.  My house looks like a bomb when off in it, we are 4 days from Christmas and our friend, the painter, is still painting in our home.  The bedroom is mostly in the livingroom and my "change" is that it is OK.  It doesn't matter about all the hoopla....it is reminding that it is not the "stuff" (as I mentioned early) it is the people who are in your lives. The people who help make our life what they are.  So here's to having a wonderful Chrismas and to excepting the change around me....

No comments:

Post a Comment