Thursday, December 2, 2010

Music

I was recently questioned "why don't I just play music for my clients that is the music of their choice with words and loudness, verses music that I feel is "spiritually" awakening.  Well, it is because during a Reiki treatment you need to let your mind float and relax to its natural state of mind.  It is not to be influenced by any outside stimulates. It isn't the music noise that gets you to a silent place, it is the silent place that gets you to the place of relaxation and inner harmony.  We are always subjected to noise...traffic..television..radios....kids crying...verbal chatter....but we rarely allow our minds the silent relaxed place that brings us true inner peace.  It amazes me how anyone can live in a city enviroment, as there is never quiet.  There is never a time that the mind hears silence.  I am so fortunate to live in the country. Most days I can walk in my yard and hear only the trees flutter with the wind brushing the leaves or the birds singing their sweet melody.  None of these are controlling sounds..just natural relaxing melodies.  Have you have tried to get a teen-ager to turn down their music?  The response is usually "I am just trying to be alone".  This being my point..as children their minds are attempting to grow and balance and their minds are always contaminated with outside noise.  There is never anytime for them to have silence. What the kids don't realize, I  think,  is that the loud music is taking away what they are really reaching for and causing more stress to their lives.  As a child in school, we always started the day with a silent "prayer".  Now was that for religious purposes or could it have been for the emotional well being of the children to reach to their inner silence.  So with these thoughts of today...I suggest that we all take that moment, put in the ear-plugs and accept a few moments of silence for ourselves every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment