Sunday, January 16, 2011

Follow the Leader??

Remember that game you once played as a child..."Follow the Leader"?  Ummmmm....I am never sure why I get to these stories, but here we go for today.  Follow the Leader, was an easy game to play.. as it says...we just had to follow the lead of the person in front of us.  If we didn't know what to do...just watch, look and listen and "wow" now I can do it.  But now, as an adult...I find that little training "game" to be incorrect.  We are not meant to follow the next person.  We are meant to follow our own person. Ok, now this is really where I am going with this.  Have you ever found yourself in a situation in life that you were totally unhappy, expecially with people that are around you?  Sometimes I would find myself angry at other people, as their behaviour did not necessarily balance with my requirements of life.  Then I would find myself following in the path that they have taken. I have found myself in that many times throughout my life.  I guess, it is like going back to the "follow the leader" game, instead of holding true to myself.  As that child, it was easy to follow the lead and not try to stand on my own two feet and be the person I was meant to be.  But as a child, we don't know who we are suppose to be or want to be.  Even in our adult lives, we spend much time attempting to figure out what our journey of life is suppose to be, verses just following the positive path that has been laid out for us.  We spend so much energy fighting things around us, verses accepting them and understanding that the things around us are going to happen-with or without us.  Everyone has the choice of their life and the way they want their lives to be.  I am so glad to have learned that I do have choices, but that these choices are only available for me and not for changing other peoples choices.  I have found that, in past years, I have spent so much of my energy in trying to change (ideally, I thought I was trying to help) other people, that I forgot to take care of me.  When I forgot to take care of me...nothing worked correctly. I would work so hard to make things right, that eventually I would just have to walk away because I felt that all my energy was being taken from me.  Now, how silly was I.  I just forgot to put the energy where it was suppose to start at and that was with ME.   But now I know all I have to do it take the path that is correct for me and once I do that...everything else just follows.  Now, of course, the lead is looking postive at things around me..not letting the negatives take control of my life. As I know, I can't change the negative directly, but the wonderful part of things is that I found, now, that my holding onto myself and just being positive...the negatives have a tendency to just slide away.    When I feel like the "negatives" of life are sucking me down and in and I am feeling tired, I just find a quiet place for myself to recover in and regain my positive inner strengths.  So here's to the "follow the leader".....which YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment