Friday, February 11, 2011

Friends

I just marvel at the times in my life that I have "misplaced" a friend.  Ok, I didn't actually misplace them, but our lives took different directions in our road of lives.  But the weird part is, how many times the roads end up connecting again.  I have always felt that we are handed a road the day we are born and that we will continue on that road until the end of our current lifes' journey.  You know, "the born to die" routine.   I have found, that with all the intersections that our lives cross, that some of them cross back again.  Now how does it work, when I believe that I was handed a straight line and, of course, everyone else has their straight line...how does it work that these lines can cross over again.  Years can pass by and then all of a sudden a person from my past becomes my current and my future again.  I believe that it is because, when we have good people, that have been close to us, that we just respect the space of the other person.  We respect the space that we need for ourselves as a person and in doing so, sometimes we must temporarily loose contact with friends.  But these people are the ones that once you re-contact, it is like you have never been away from them.  You pick up the conversation just like it was yesterday that you spoke.  Ok, here it is....good friends are always good friends.  They don't have to constantly push into your space to be a good friend and vise versa..you into their space.  But this wonderful journey of life....will continue to cross your roads together.  So embrass the re-contact and feel the good fortune you have.  Do not remiss on the times lost, but the times you have.  And maybe for today...you can contact that friend that you have missed...just like I did this morning.  It is a deep warm feeling to know that "close" is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment